Welcome to our website !

How to hide vegetables in 3 ways. Recipe No 2

By 20:49

13th August 2015


HOW TO HIDE VEGETABLES IN 3 DIFFERENT RECIPES

TOMATO PASTA SAUCE WITH HIDDEN CARROT RECIPE


I plan to exercise as much as my body will allow during pregnancy. Exercise has always been part of my daily routine and it is therefore a necessity in my life. I have unfortunately adopted many injuries over the years, but I believe it has made me a stronger person overall, having to deal with ample amounts of both frustration and disappointments. More importantly I now now believe exercise is crucial for my baby's development.  
I have recently bought a baby seat for my mountain bike. I used to participate in ‘Off Road Triathlons’, so it is still rather strange seeing Alanna in a seat behind me! Put it this way- I am not hurdling down the hills caked in mud like I used to! I am of course really enjoying getting a tiny workout done during the day and getting from A to B much quicker than pushing the pram and or sitting in a traffic jam. I am not sure how long I will be able to do this though as my bump gets bigger! It has taken me many years to accept that my body doesn't like to push it too hard and that exercising moderately is better than not being able to train at all.
There is also nothing better than working up an appetite post exercise. I will never forget how hungry I became after my long Sunday rides with my brilliant training buddies all those years ago.  Little did I know I was gluten intolerant at the time, tucking into a large bowl of wholemeal pasta- this was disastrous for me! Nursing Alanna also gave me a tremendous appetite too. Two very different things but an underlying similarity!
This tomato pasta sauce recipe will fill you up in no time served with your choice of pasta.  It is deliciously fresh, healthy and vibrant in colour. The hidden carrot blended in the sauce is also an extra bonus for some good old vitamin A!
  



Ingredients:
2 can tinned tomatoes
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
Handful of fresh basil, chopped
Pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp sugar
1 carrot grated
1 tbsp tomato puree
Salt & pepper
To serve: 
Parmesan, grated
Salad leaves


Method:
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and cook on a low heat until soft.
Add the garlic, cinnamon and tomato puree. Cook for a few minutes then add the tomatoes and season well.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes. 
Store in sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or freeze in ice cube trays/containers up to 2 months. 
Serve with pasta of your choice, grated parmesan and salad leaves if desired. 



Total time (prep and cooking): 30 minutes
Suitable for: Gluten/dairy free, vegetarian, vegan, and egg free.
Other meal ideas: Serve with pasta/gnocchi of your choice. Add crispy bacon and salad with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if desired. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments