Welcome to our website !

Apple Puree recipe

By 22:09

8th March 2015

APPLE PURÉE RECIPE

Every couple of months I tend to make a batch of apple purée.  I use leftover eating apples from my fruit bowl- so any type will do. It is a terrific natural sweeter and can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes. It is handy to have on standby and it doesn't take long to make. I tend to split my batch - keep half in the fridge and freeze the rest in ice cube trays. I hope you find it as useful as me!





Ingredients:
x2 eating apples
2 tbsp water
¼ tsp cinnamon
Squeeze of lemon juice

Method:
Chop the apples into quarters (I like to leave the peel on for more flavour). Place in a medium sized pan and add water, cinnamon and lemon juice. Place over a medium heat for ten minutes (until soft), stirring occasionally. Once cooled, place the cooked apple in a food processor and blend until smooth. 
Store in a sealed container in the fridge or spoon into ice cube tray/s and place in the freezer.
It keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days in the fridge or for months in the freezer.












Total time (prep & cooking): : 30 minutes
Suitable for: Dairy/gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, and egg free.
Other meal ideas: Mix with yoghurt/porridge, use to sweeten soups and stews.

You Might Also Like

0 comments