Welcome to our website !

Cashew yoghurt recipe

By 06:13

Sunday 12th April 2015

CASHEW YOGHURT RECIPE



If you are vegan or simply want a break from dairy then this recipe is for you.  Believe it or not I have solely used cashew nuts to make this alternative yoghurt. It is deliciously creamy and sweet.  I don’t tend to eat many nuts- I’m not allergic, just simply not a fan.  So for me personally this is a brilliant way to get more iron, magnesium and protein into my diet. I have to admit I was quite tentative about offering it to my daughter but to my surprise she really liked it! As any parent knows a toddler trying new foods can be quite a gamble! 

Inspired and adapted from 'Green Kitchen' cookbook

Ingredients:
140g (1 cup) cashews (soaked)
2 dates pitted (soaked)
1 tbsp chia seeds (preferably white) soaked in 8 tbsp/120 ml water
2 tbsp lemon juice or more to taste
120ml/ 8 tbsp water
1 tbsp maple syrup (optional) 
Pinch of sea salt

Method:
Soak the cashew nuts and dates in a bowl overnight and in a separate bowl, the chia seeds.
Place soaked cashew nuts and dates in a high speed blender (or in a bowl and use a hand blender). Add the chia seed (turned into a gel) lemon juice, water, dates, salt (and maple syrup) and blend until completely smooth. 
Best served chilled and keep refrigerated.
Lasts 2-3 days.


Total time (prep and cooking): 15 minutes plus over night soaking.
Suitable for: Gluten/dairy free, vegetarian, vegan, and egg free.
Other meal ideas: Delicious served with berries, fruit purée and or granola.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This yoghurt sounds absolutely delicious. The lemon and maple syrup together make such a great combination, and I love that you added in some chia seeds too! I will have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete